Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mom

There is no greater woman on this earth to me than my mom. She is a priceless treasure, no words can adequately describe how much she means to me. No words.

She is the constant in my life that keeps me going, giving me encouragement when I need it, wisdom and tough advice at just the right times, and hugs that make the bad days seem a little more bearable. She has walked with me through the best days of my life, and she has walked with me through the worst. I collapsed into her lap the moment I found out that Tony was gone. Her only words were that she wished she could take away my pain. And I know she meant every word.

Oh, how I just adore every moment I can spend with her - no matter if we're walking on the beach or just watching endless hours of HGTV. Tony doted on her too - and she was one of his biggest fans and supporters. I am so blessed to call her mom.

She is a Proverbs 31 woman, and since there really are no words more fitting, I will leave today's blog with these verses:

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. " ~ Proverbs 31: 25-30

Dearly loved, and so grateful for my mom,
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. i'm in tears again. both because i know this is true of your mom, but also true of mine. :) you and i are truly blessed! Sally is an incredible woman and i am so so glad she is walking beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to Sally. She is, indeed, a wonderful woman.
    Love you always.
    ~K

    ReplyDelete