Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Letting Go...

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33

These verses keep running through my head these past few weeks. Each hard thing I face, I have to remind myself that Jesus endured even more, and He won. He won, so that I don't have to. He won, so that I can surrender my life and my sorrows all into His capable hands. I answer to Him, and Him alone. He is my Judge, He has the last say, His Words trump the words of any other on this earth. I let my troubles go, and let God handle them.

No matter how hard the world comes at me, my God is greater. He won't leave my side.

He didn't leave my side last week when I had my friends pack up and move all of the belongings Tony and I had together. He never left my side as I celebrated Father's Day with my dad and my father-in-law, with a nagging ache over how wonderful a dad my Tony would have been. He never left my side as I faced things I never imagined having to at 30 years old or ever.

And He will never leave my side as I get up each day and ask "just what am I supposed to do now?"

I have said repeatedly, I just don't know how people get through life, and the inevitable trouble it brings, without Jesus.

I don't ever want to know.

Dearly loved, and letting go,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment