Saturday, April 24, 2010

Verses to inspire this blog...

Welcome to who knows what will come of this blog. I always thought I'd start blogging when my husband and I had a family of our own to blog about. But, that was my dream, and I am now living God's dream, though His dream looks like a blank canvas to me now. I just came from a Beth Moore conference today, where I felt the prompting of the Lord to begin a blog and for it's central theme to be about choosing to live a life of love.

Not sure if this name "Loving on the Edge" will stick. Actually, I was quite set on "Choose Love" or "Choosing Love" but it turns out when I googled both, it led to some not so appealing song lyrics. So for now, I choose this somewhat cliche title.

Onto my inspiration...Eph. 5: 1-2:
"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

These verses confirmed a theme rolling around in my aching heart over the past month. Though I walk through such sorrow and grief, I will choose love. I will choose to live a life of love. My choice is not my own, it is a God-sized mission from the Lord.

Who knows where my choice will lead. For now, it leads me down a road of much heartache and pain as I mourn the loss of the earthly love of my life. My hope and prayer is that my heart grows bigger through this time so that it has more capacity to love than ever before.

Time will certainly tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment